I grew up on a council estate and came to Nottingham to study. Since then, Nottingham has become my home and is where I raised my family. I have worked as a manager at the Metropolitan Support Trust leading a team delivering support for frail older people, I have been a support worker at at Women’s Aid helping survivors of domestic abuse and I now run a social enterprise that promotes equality.
I know the difference Lilian Greenwood MP and Councillor Josh Cook have made and if you elect me, I can help make things even better around here. Together we can continue to raise the issues that matter to you – including parking, speeding, potholes, protecting our parks and ensuring there are more opportunities for young people in the area.
My pledges if elected are:
- Seek to expand free residents parking permit schemes wherever possible across Clifton, Wilford, Silverdale and Clifton Grove.
- Work with our partners in the Police and Community Protection to tackle criminal and anti-social behaviour.
- Continue to fund a series of affordable or free fun family events.
- Develop a Clifton Cleanliness Campaign to tackle littering and fly-tipping in the area.
- Increase the number of councillor surgeries to three per month.
I hope you’ll consider voting for me to elect a second Labour councillor so we can achieve even more for you.