Before 2013 we had 3 Conservative councillors- I never heard from them and they didn’t do much for people like me. When Steve Battlemuch was elected, I saw the improvements that an active councillor can bring. I want to work with Steve to continue to raise the issues that matter to you- including parking, speeding, new housing developments, protecting our parks and creating more opportunities for young people.
If elected, my five key pledges are:
• Work with local schools to support working parents by providing more after school places where they are needed
• Sort out problem parking on streets around Fernwood and Middleton schools and Wollaton Park, in consultation with residents
• Continue and expand the Wollaton Arts Festival as part of the cultural offer for Wollaton residents
• Fund improvements to local parks on Fernwood Crescent, Torvill Drive and Lambourne Drive, as well as maintaining the playground at Wollaton Park
• Review current provision for elderly people and provide extra support where it’s needed to combat loneliness and isolation
My experience working for a charity supporting people with long-term health conditions and having previously worked with a mental health trust and for the NHS has helped make me a great listener and good advocate for people.
As a longstanding Wollaton resident I have seen the difference a good local councillor can make and believe that if you elect me, I can help to make things better.