Nottingham Labour is proud to launch its manifesto for the 2015 local elections.
We are proud of the achievements we have made over the past 4 years- with unemployment down by more than a quarter from 6% to 4.3%, crime down by 14% and anti-social behaviour halved, more than 90% of school leavers getting a job, training or further education placement, all neighbourhoods as clean as the city centre and thousands of homes insulated and solar panels installed to help keep energy bills down.
We are excited to build on the progress as we set out our vision to make our city even better over the next four years.
Our 5 key pledges if elected to run the Council in May will be to;
- Ensure every child in Nottingham is taught in a school judged good or outstanding by OFSTED,
- Build 2500 new homes that Nottingham people can afford to rent or buy,
- Cut the number of victims of crime by a fifth and continue to reduce anti-social behaviour.
- Tackle fuel poverty by setting up a not-forprofit energy company to sell energy at the lowest possible price to Nottingham people,
- Guarantee a job, training place or further education place for every 18-24 year old.
We’re committed to making Nottingham the best place it can be for everyone who lives, works, does business and relaxes here. And we believe that only with a Labour Council can the city reach its full potential.